Tchibo Coffee International ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.tchibo-coffee.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Tchibo Coffee International of Tchibo House, 7-8 Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9BE.
What information do we collect?
- When you purchase products or make enquiries about our products, use our interactive chat function or otherwise provide us with your personal data while on our site we may collect personal data from you, such as your name, billing address and delivery address details, your email address and a contact telephone number.
- We will also require your credit/debit card details to process transactions.
- When you sign up to be kept informed about our products we may collect your personal data, such as your name and email address.
- If you contact us by telephone or by using our interactive chat function we may collect your name and contact telephone number.
- As you move around our site we will collect technical information about your visit, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit and what links you click on, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- We may also collect information about your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do we use the information?
We will use information about you for:
- processing transactions, to supply you with the products, to recover debt, to help us prevent fraud and keep records about your purchases.
- administering and improving our site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- allowing you to use the interactive chat feature on our site.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Please Note: We do not store or have access to your credit card information as this information is processed by our secure payment processor.
We may use the personal data we collect about you on an anonymised basis to create statistics and anonymised information which we then share with third parties including ad networks, search engines and analytics providers.
We want to keep you informed about all our products, promotions and news, and where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing by post, email, or phone we will keep in touch with the latest news.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by post, email, or phone with information about products and services similar to those which you have already purchased from us.
If you prefer not to receive promotional or marketing information from us, please ensure that you tick the appropriate box when you provide us with your personal data.
You can change your mind about what marketing you receive at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your full name, address and postcode; or by writing to: Tchibo Coffee International of Tchibo House, 7-8 Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9BE.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group (being our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tchibo Coffee International or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may disclose your personal data to our service providers who operate elements of our site service and process personal data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services. We may also disclose your personal data to our supply and delivery partners for the purpose of processing and fulfilling your order. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your personal data for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you is stored on secure information technology systems located in the EEA which are operated by us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Protecting Your Information
Our online shop uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. Further, our Content Management System is Level 1 PCI Compliant. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our site.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our site.
Third Party Services
We may from time to time make available through our site certain services provided by third parties. To gain access to these services, you must register with these third parties and deal with them direct. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or Tchibo Coffee International of Tchibo House, 7-8 Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9BE.
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tchibo Coffee International of Tchibo House, 7-8 Blenheim Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9BE.